Thursday, October 11, 2007

48 hours ‘till go time

I know the conventional carbo-loading protocol has gone out the window but I’ve still been told by everyone who matters that this is the day to eat BIG. In the words of an email I received from Pete Reid : “Overeat on Thursday, Sam. This ain’t no freakin’ half, it’s an Ironman.”
Bring on the pancakes…
Had a great little swim workout in the am. I guess it really does take 2 weeks of taper to feel good again in the water after loading your legs with months of long bike mileage. But the speed was there and I felt gooooood. We spent some time at the sponsors’ houses today and I have to say, I may come back in my second life as a gear rep. I’m living up the hill with an insomniac rooster and they are chillin’ in beach front mansions with hot tubs over looking the ocean. If anyone needs me I’ll be in the Asics hot tub as of Saturday evening.
Press conference and race meeting this afternoon. I’m looking forward to meeting up with all my competitors with their game faces on.
Jasper Blake was kind enough to send me over some giant chocolate chip cookies last night, but there may be an alterior motive. I think he’s worried about getting chicked. He emailed me later looking for some extra salt tablets which I said I was happy to supply. Too bad all the pills look the same to me; it may have been some Ex-Lax that I gave him…

1 comment:

southy said...

Show them how the Canadian women love to race on the Big Island.

Have a great day Sam.